Kathleen Crawley has been an advertising executive for over fifteen years. She resides with her husband Ronald Thomson in Redondo Beach, California. She is a native Californian having graduated from UCLA with a B.A in sociology. Colonel Trash Truck is her first book. About writing for children, Kathy says, “I have a number of books I want to write for kids because I think children are fascinating. They are open, creative, and interested in everything and they bring out the kid in me.”
Kathleen’s book, Colonel Trash Truck can be found at: http://www.coloneltrashtruck.com/
Title: Colonel Trash Truck
1. Where do you live (city, country)? Redondo Beach, California
2. What is the weather like? Sunny most of the time; average temperature is 70 degrees
3. Have you lived there very long? 20 years
4. Would you rather live somewhere else? No
5. Are you married or single? Married
6. Do you have kids? No
7. Where were you born? Lynwood, California – not far from where I live now
8. What was your childhood like? Chaotic but adventurous – I have seven brothers and one sister and they are all very funny.
9. What was it like growing up as a teen? What did you do for fun? I was a cheerleader and loved to dance.
10. Back to the present, what’s your favorite room in your house? The living room, where I sit with my computer and my dogs.
11. Do you have an outside job? I’ve worked in advertising for over fifteen years.
12. What is your favorite thing to do on your day off? Walk on the beach
13. What’s your most favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Yogurt and berries and oatmeal
14. Do you have any pets? Two beautiful basenji dogs – Frodo and Strider
15. Do you know your neighbors? Yes, my neighbors, Edith & Al, take care of me and my husband. They make me feel safe.
16. Pepsi or Coke? Pepsi
17. Favorite time of year? Fall
18. Favorite color? Blue
19. Favorite book? Too many to chose but To Kill a Mockingbird is one of them
20. Does your car look better than your house? Yes
21. What’s on your mouse pad? Bugs Bunny
22. How many times do you let the phone ring before you answer it? Depends on who is calling.
23. What’s the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? How much longer can I sleep?
24. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate
25. Do you like to drive too fast? yes
26. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? Snoopy, when I was growing up but now he sleeps at the end of my bed.
27. If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be? Jesus Christ
28. What’s your favorite alcoholic drink? Red Wine
29. What is your zodiac sign? Gemini
30. If you could have any job that you wanted, what would it be? Writer…and I’m doing it.
31. What’s under your bed? Books
32. Is the glass half empty or half full? HALF FULL