Gina C. Browning is a creative, independent thinking, married mother of 2 adopted children and has been living her dreams for as long as she can remember. She is from Texas, but due to her husband’s job, moved to Australia with her husband and 17 month old son, Ryan, in 1989. Since then, they have moved internationally (because of her husband’s work) 4 more times, with a few domestic moves thrown in for good measure. In 1997 she and her husband adopted their daughter, Raechel, from China.
Having graduated from North Texas State University in 1979, with a BFA in “Metal craft and Jewellery”, Gina has been a professional jewellery designer/maker for the better part of 30+ years, and has written poetry, on the side, since she was a child. She is currently living in Australia (for the 3rd time), with her husband and daughter, where her dreams continue to inspire creativity. Her son, now 21 years old, no longer lives at home.
Gina’s book, Moonbeam Dreams, can be found at: http://www.eloquentbooks.com/MoonbeamDreams.html.
Title: Moonbeam Dreams
1. Where do you live (city, country)?
At the moment, Alice Springs, Australia.
2. What is the weather like?
The seasons are reversed to the US, so it’s VERY hot and dry right around Christmas-time, and actually cool and lovely in July and August.
3. Have you lived there very long?
We’ve lived here on 3 different occasions and all total, it’s now been 13 years.
4. Would you rather live somewhere else?
No. We lived in Thailand for 3 years and loved it! But it has its own challenges. I’m pretty happy here, and there is more to keep me occupied here. I.e.: I can’t sell my jewelry in Thailand because I can’t compete with their prices.
5. Are you married or single?
Married to one wonderful man for 26 years.
6. Do you have kids?
Yes, 2 adopted kids.
7. Where were you born?
Fort Worth, Texas
8. What was your childhood like?
Secure, happy, well provided for, with lots of extracurricular art classes and a couple of creative writing classes.
9. Do you have any pets?
Yes, 2 Bengal Cats and 1 Jack Russell Terrier.
10. Do you know your neighbors?
No, we’ve just moved.
11. Pepsi or Coke?
Coke! ONLY Coke!!
12. Favorite time of year?
Springtime or Fall, I can’t decide……
13. What’s the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
“Is it morning already?”
14. Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate, but sometimes it’s too rich, and vanilla is better.
15. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
No, but I have several in my bedroom.
16. If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be?
17. What’s your favorite alcoholic drink?
18. What is your zodiac sign?
19. If you could have any job that you wanted, what would it be?
I already have the job(s) that I’ve always wanted. (i.e: Jeweler, poet, author, illustrator.)
20. Is the glass half empty or half full?
Half full, or maybe the glass is just too big for the drink.