Douglas W. Jacobson is an engineer, business owner and World War Two history enthusiast. Doug has traveled extensively in Europe researching stories of the courage of common people caught up in extraordinary circumstances. His debut novel, Night of Flames: A Novel of World War Two was published in 2007 by McBooks Press, and was released in paperback in 2008. Night of Flames won the 2007 OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD from the Wisconsin Library Association. Doug has also published articles on Belgium’s WW2 escape organization, the Comete Line; Poland’s 1st Armored Division; and the liberation of Antwerp. Doug has just completed his second novel set in Europe at the end of WW2. You can visit his blog at www.douglaswjacobson.blogspot.com.
1. Where do you live (city, country)?
Elm Grove, WI
2. What is the weather like?
Wait five minutes and its different
3. Have you lived there very long?
Over 20 years
4. Would you rather live somewhere else?
Sure, but I can’t decide where, or what I want to be when I grow up.
5. Are you married or single?
6. Do you have kids?
7. Where were you born?
8. What was your childhood like?
Great memories. I came from a very modest middle class family. We never had any money but I never felt like I missed anything.
9. What was it like growing up as a teen? What did you do for fun?
10. Back to the present, what’s your favorite room in your house?
Several would be tied . . . My office where I do my writing, Our porch where my wife and I have a drink in the evening, and our den where I watch the Green Bay packers
11. Do you have an outside job?
Yep, Can’t quit the day job yet.
12. What is your favorite thing to do on your day off?
I love to write, play tennis and go boating
13. What’s your most favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Everything that’s not good for you
14. Do you have any pets?
Did have, don’t now
15. Do you know your neighbors?
Yes, they’re all nice folks but we’re not close friends
16. Pepsi or Coke?
Iced Tea/Lemonade, The famous “Arnold Palmer”
17. Favorite time of year?
18. Favorite color?
My 3 year old granddaughter always answers this one, “pink and purple” so I’ll go with that
19. Favorite book?
Pillars of the Earth
20. Does your car look better than your house?
No, definitely not
21. How many times do you let the phone ring before you answer it?
Depending on which phone I may not answer at all
22. What’s the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
Going to the bathroom
3. Chocolate or vanilla?
24. Do you like to drive too fast?
I used to, then I got not stupid
25. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
No, we have three of them
26. If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be?
27. What’s your favorite alcoholic drink?
A very good Pinot Noir
28. What is your zodiac sign?
29. If you could have any job that you wanted, what would it be?
30. What’s under your bed?
I’m afraid to look
31. Is the glass half empty or half full?
Hey, c’mon, its always half full!!