After decades of working in the world of retail finance, e-commerce, and venture capital, JD Seamus began writing a series of novels based in Manhattan.
With a keen eye for detail, Seamus takes to heart the old adage to “write what you know.” Borrowing from real life experience, Seamus delivers highly entertaining tales full of sparkling wit and dark humor.
Whether pondering life’s most absurd or most wonderful moments, or showcasing a character’s foibles or triumphs, JD Seamus is dynamic new voice in the world of fiction. Seamus may make you blush, he may make you cry, but he will certainly leave you entertained.
Today, Seamus is happily at work on his sixth book in South Florida and dividing his time between his family and Braves and Jaguar games. You can visit his website at www.jdseamusbooks.com.
- Where do you live (city, country)? Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
- What is the weather like? Hot. Low 90s today.
- Have you lived there very long? No. Five years.
- Would you rather live somewhere else? I live here and midtown Manhattan. I’d rather live in Venice or Amsterdam.
- Are you married or single? Married.
- Do you have kids? No. Gene pool way to shallow.
- Where were you born? Belfast, Ireland.
- What was your childhood like? Rough. My brothers, father and all my uncles were in the IRA.
- What was it like growing up as a teen? What did you do for fun? I illegally came to the US at 8 and lived in the 5 Points section of NY. I was in one gang or another until I went away to college.
- Back to the present, what’s your favorite room in your house? Master bedroom.
- Do you have an outside job? No.
- What is your favorite thing to do on your day off? I’m retired, every day is a day off. I love to travel.
- What’s your most favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes.
- Do you have any pets? 2 dogs.
- Do you know your neighbors? Yes.
- Pepsi or Coke? Coke.
- Favorite time of year? Fall.
- Favorite color? Blue.
- Favorite book? Pope of Greenwich Village.
- Does your car look better than your house? Both look great.
- What’s on your mousepad? I use a lap top.
- How many times do you let the phone ring before you answer it? Sometimes forever. Generally 3.
- What’s the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? My writing project.
- Chocolate or vanilla? Either with nuts and coconut.
- Do you like to drive too fast? Yes.
- Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? Sleep with a real animal.
- If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be? Sam Clemens.
- What’s your favorite alcoholic drink? Beer.
- What is your zodiac sign? Cancer.
- If you could have any job that you wanted, what would it be…..writer.
- What’s under your bed? posters
- Is the glass half empty or half full? Always half full…….