Jimmy Root Jr., has served as an ordained minister with the Assemblies of God since 1982, including service in Nebraska, Missouri, and a seven year term as a missionary in Colombia, South America. Jimmy is the lead Pastor of Family Worship Center of Smithville, a growing suburb of Kansas City, Missouri. Married to his wife Jean for twenty-nine years, the Roots have three grown children.
Root is a 1981 alumnus of Central Bible College of Springfield, Missouri where he majored in Biblical Studies and Pastoral Theology. He is also an alumnus of Southeastern University, Lakeland Florida, where he majored in Intercultural Studies.
A lifetime student of Biblical prophecy, Jimmy is also the Professor of Eschatology, The Study of End Times, for Berean University through the Northern Missouri District School of Ministry. He is a featured speaker at Churches and other venues, and is the host of “The Bible Uncensored” radio broadcast heard on radio stations around the country.
His writings, both in book form as well as his blog, are purposed to be a wake-up call to a sleepy American church that seems to be losing a truly Christian World View. Distant Thunder and its sequels, A Gathering Storm and Then Comes Lightning, will reveal to the adventure/thriller aficionado the reality of the coming fulfillment of Biblically prophesied events. You can visit his website at www.lightningchronicles.com or his blog at www.prophecyalert.blogspot.com. Connect with him on twitter at www.twitter.com/JimmyRootJr and Facebook at www.facebook.com/jimmyrootjr.
1. Where do you live (city, country)? Smithville, Missouri
2. What is the weather like? Unseasonably mild.
3. Have you lived there very long? Ten years.
4. Would you rather live somewhere else? No
5. Are you married or single? Happily married.
6. Do you have kids? We have three grown children.
7. Where were you born? Topeka, Kansas
8. What was your childhood like? Filled with fun and frivolity.
9. What was it like growing up as a teen? What did you do for fun? I was at teen during the 70’s and had a blast. I played every sport possible, fished and hunted, and worked a gas station in the summer. That was back when an attendant actually pumped the gas and washed the windshield.
10. Back to the present, what’s your favorite room in your house? The living room.
11. Do you have an outside job? Yes, I am the Pastor of a vibrant congregation.
12. What is your favorite thing to do on your day off? Write.
13. What’s your most favorite thing to eat for breakfast? My wife makes a wonderful, low fat omelet.
14. Do you have any pets? I have a psychotic Jack Russell Terrier named Harley.
15. Do you know your neighbors? Sure do.
16. Pepsi or Coke? Diet Coke.
17. Favorite time of year? Fall…for football and hunting.
18. Favorite color? Blue
19. Favorite book? The Bible
20. Does your car look better than your house? No way.
21. What’s on your mousepad? Planet Earth.
22. How many times do you let the phone ring before you answer it? Depends on who shows on the caller ID.
23. What’s the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? “What a great day to be alive!”
24. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate
25. Do you like to drive too fast? Yes
26. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? No
27. If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be? Abraham Lincoln
28. What’s your favorite alcoholic drink? I don’t drink at all.
29. What is your zodiac sign? Aquarius…but I don’t care.
30. If you could have any job that you wanted, what would it be? I love what I’m doing now…it’s my true calling.
31. What’s under your bed? A box of my wife’s winter clothes.
32. Is the glass half empty or half full? Half Full.