Kathy Balland, an expert in the mind-body-soul connection, teaches people how to tap into their own inner power for success. Clinically certified in hypnotherapy, her publications and seminars provide deep insights into the true causes and their remedies that prevent people from achieving their goals. Balland is a graduate of the University of Phoenix and the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts. She is clinically certified by the American Council of Hypnotist Examiners and certified by the American board of Hypnotherapy. As president of Blissful Publications and author of “Lose the Diet: Transform your body by connecting with your soul,” (www.LosetheDiet.com) Balland provides information to enrich and empower people to achieve happiness and success.
1. Where do you live (city, country)? Phoenix, United States
2. What is the weather like? The winter weather is beautiful, but the summers are very hot since it is located in the Sonoran Desert.
3. Have you lived there very long? I have lived in the Phoenix area for twenty years.
4. Would you rather live somewhere else? I like to spend part of my time in Northern Arizona because it is cooler, and I do plan to live there at some point.
5. Are you married or single? I am married.
6. Where were you born? I was born in New York State.
7. What was your childhood like? When I was a child I loved nature and the outdoors. I was a bit of an introvert, and enjoyed playing with my pets.
8. What was it like growing up as a teen? What did you do for fun? The teen years were challenging, with all of the changes that were going on mentally, physically and emotionally. My parents were divorced, which added to the challenge of being a teen. My outlet was expressing myself through writing, art and music. I particularly liked playing guitar
9. Back to the present, what’s your favorite room in your house? I enjoy relaxing in the living room, and watching a good movie.
10. What’s your most favorite thing to eat for breakfast? I enjoy my homemade granola with nuts and dried fruit.
11. Do you have any pets? Yes, I have two dogs and a cat.
12. What’s on your mousepad? My mousepad has a kitten lying in a handbag.
13. How many times do you let the phone ring before you answer it? As many times as it takes for me to reach the phone!
14. What’s the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? I imagine my goals, and the steps I will take to get there.
15. Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate
16. If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be? Marilyn Monroe. I think she would be fun to hang out with.
17. What’s under your bed? Nothing at the moment, but sometimes there is a sleeping dog.
18. Is the glass half empty or half full? Definitely half full.