Author’s Name: Dorothy Thompson
Book Title: Romancing the Soul
Publisher: Zumaya Publications
Page Count: 350 pages
Pick up your copy here
Dorothy Thompson is CEO/Founder of Pump Up Your Book Promotion with eight years experience in online marketing. What began as an experiment after self-publishing her promotional e-book A Complete Guide to Promoting & Selling Your Self-Published eBook and 101 Internet Radio Shows to Promote Your Books turned into her thriving new career as an online book marketer. She is also the author of the children’s book, No More Gooseberry Pie, the relationship anthology, Romancing the Soul, and the pararanormal comedy novel, The Search for the Million $$$ Ghost which is under the consideration of a playwright in New York. Dorothy has written hundreds of online marketing articles and has been quoted in the celebrity tabloid, OK! She has also appeared on dozens of radio shows including Lifetime Radio, Single Talk, and Achieve Radio with Fran Silverman. Dorothy runs several blogs including her marketing blog, Book Marketing Buzz, The Writer’s Life and Beyond the Books. Dorothy resides on the beautiful island of Chincoteague, Virginia. Her offline interests include traveling, biking and sitting at the end of her dock and watching the sun go down. Connect with Dorothy at Facebook at www.facebook.com/thewriterslife and Twitter at www.twitter.com/thewriterslife. You can email her here.
1. Where do you live (city, country)? Chincoteague, Virginia
2. What is the weather like? Partly cloudy today but it’s not stopping the tourists from bugging the **** out of me.
3. Have you lived there very long? Two years
4. Would you rather live somewhere else? Hmm…I’ve said I wanted to live in the Smokies then the haunted cabins changed my mind. I’ve often said I’d love to live in California again, but really, this is paradise right here.
5. Are you married or single? Single
6. Do you have kids? Two, boy and girl, both adults
7. Where were you born? Nassawadox, Virginia
8. What was your childhood like? Haha…you don’t really want to know. Dsyfunctional puts it in a nutshell.
9. What was it like growing up as a teen? What did you do for fun? Hang out at the beach, fantasize about David Cassidy, swoon over long haired blond guys on motorcycles and count down until I turned 21.
10. Back to the present, what’s your favorite room in your house? It’s a toss up between my own private office upstairs overlooking the marsh or the deck off the living room overlooking the channel.
11. Do you have an outside job? Unfortunately and counting the days when I can kiss it goodbye.
12. What is your favorite thing to do on your day off? Go scooter riding with my daughter and/or son.
13. What’s your most favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Okay now this is weird, but cup of noodles. Every morning of life.
14. Do you have any pets? Two cocker spaniels, a sheltie and a bird named Floyd.
15. Do you know your neighbors? In the condos where I live, there’s nothing but annoying tourists stealing time on your dock, but in the off season, we have one older couple down a ways to the left and another older couple down a ways to the right. Everyone sort of stays to themselves.
16. Pepsi or Coke? Pepsi!
17. Favorite time of year? Spring!
18. Favorite color? Hmm…let’s see. I don’t think I have a favorite. I wear mostly white, so I’m colorless?
19. Favorite book? At the present, Summer House by Nancy Thayer (my idol).
20. Does your car look better than your house? Haha…I don’t own a car because I don’t need one and my house looks definitely better than my bicycle!
21. What’s on your mousepad? Just purple. Nothing else. Just purple.
22. How many times do you let the phone ring before you answer it? I hate the phone and let caller ID take care of that.
23. What’s the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning? God, tours. I dream tours!
24. Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla
25. Do you like to drive too fast? Nope which annoys the hell out of my daughter.
26. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal? Just my doggies.
27. If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be? This is easy. My father and I’d say, “Where in the hell were you all my life?”
28. What’s your favorite alcoholic drink? Lime frozen daiquiri…ymmmm ymmmm.
29. What is your zodiac sign? Cancer
30. If you could have any job that you wanted, what would it be? I have the job I want and that is CEO of Pump Up Your Book Promotion. Now to get rid of the offline job!
31. What’s under your bed? Carpet, it’s a platform bed.
32. Is the glass half empty or half full? Half full!