Author’s Name: Barry Eva
Book Title: Across the Pond
Genre: Young Adult Romance
Page Count: 120 pages
Born in Barnet, Hertfordshire, Barry Eva, also known as “Storyheart”, left his beloved England in 2000, moving to the USA to be with the woman he’d met and fallen in love with on the Internet.
Better known for his short romance stories on the net and in his book Stories from the Heart, Barry is popular for narrating his stories on local TV or as a guest on other media stations,where his wit, oratory, and old-fashioned English charm make him a popular interviewee.
At present, Barry is living in Connecticut, with his wife and two children.
You can visit Storyheart’s website at http://www.across-t-pond.com.
1. Where do you live (city, country)?
Hmm I would class it as country, it’s more suburbs
2. What is the weather like?
Cold, lot’s of snow and ice right now.
3. Have you lived there very long?
Coming up to six years
4. Would you rather live somewhere else?
In the US perhaps not, but given a choice I would be back in England, I miss it. Clicking heals and saying “there’s no place like home”
5. Are you married or single?
Married (third time)
6. Do you have kids?
Since moving to the US I now have two children Victoria aged 7 and Andrew, alias “the terror” aged 6
7. Where were you born?
Barnet, Hertfordshire, England
8. What was your childhood like?
Happy. I grow up in a loving family, even if I did have two younger sisters.
9. What was it like growing up as a teen? What did you do for fun?
I always had fun, I played sports of all kinds and loved to go out to the local disco and strut my stuff. (That ages me)
10. Back to the present, whatʼs your favorite room in your house?
11. Do you have an outside job?
Outside of writing I work on computers, not PC’s but the servers that run the big number crunching.
12. What is your favorite thing to do on your day off?
Recover. Though I love singing, and run a couple of karaoke shows of my own.
13. Whatʼs your most favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
Egg and bacon on a roll, but I must have my very large cup of tea.
14. Do you have any pets?
15. Do you know your neighbors?
We live in the upstairs of a duplex, so we have downstairs and either side, and yes I know them.
16. Pepsi or Coke?
Neither really, a cup of tea of a pint of beer. But if we’re talking soft fizzy drinks, Dr Pepper
17. Favorite time of year?
Spring, it is the time of new birth and in England the most beautiful time of the year.
18. Favorite color?
19. Favorite book?
To many to mention, but I like a bit of swash and buckle, books by Authors like Alexander Kent
20. Does your car look better than your house?
No, to me a car is just something to get you from A to B, not a love of my life.
21. Whatʼs on your mousepad?
New York Rangers.
22. How many times do you let the phone ring before you answer it?
Two or three
23. Whatʼs the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
What day is it?
24. Chocolate or vanilla?
25. Do you like to drive too fast?
No, in England your taught more to drive defensive than in the US. Next time you drive take a look at all the drivers steering with one hand.
26. Do you sleep with a stuffed animal?
Only if the kids have left them in the bed
27. If you could meet one person dead or alive, who would it be?
28. Whatʼs your favorite alcoholic drink?
Beer… real beer not the frozen watery stuff
29. What is your zodiac sign?
30. If you could have any job that you wanted, what would it be
Something on TV
31. Whatʼs under your bed?
My wife’s stuff
32. Is the glass half empty or half full?
Thank you for playing The Home Sweet Home Writing Challenge for Authors!
You can purchase a copy of Barry Eva’s new book, Across the Pond, by clicking here!